SEHO 2021 uses a new feature of ZOOM breakout rooms, where participants can select their own breakout room.
It is VERY STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU INSTALL/UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF ZOOM:
Install Zoom | Update to the Latest Version of Zoom
Tutorial Video: How to Self-Select Breakout Rooms in Zoom
- Papers accepted for poster presentation were allocated to two live poster sessions on Tuesday, May 25:
- Session A: 10:00 – 11:15 EDT
- Session B: 11:30 – 12:45 EDT
- Poster presenters can find their allocated session on the program. The program is set in Boston time (Eastern Daylight Time EDT): Time Zone Converter
- Each poster presenter will be assigned to their own Breakout Room within a Zoom Meeting. Attendees will freely enter and exit each room to visit you and your poster during the 75-minute session.
- Access information for your Zoom Meeting will be shared closer to the poster session date.
- Your posters (and optional video or text summary) will be posted online for registered attendees to view prior to the live sessions.
- We are aware that the timing of the sessions may not be ideal for certain time zones. We have tried our best to accommodate all participants’ preferences, but given the international nature of SEHO, it was inevitable to have some sessions scheduled at inconvenient times for some participants. We thank you for your understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Virtual Poster Set-Up
- POSTER – NOW THRU MAY 3rd: Accepted presenters must upload poster file (.pdf or .jpg) to Boston University Events & Conferences.
- Video Option: To assist with a smooth live poster session, we recommend submitting a short (2-3 min) video. Think of this as your poster summary that you would give to a passerby who asked ‘what’s the poster all about?.’ Attendees will be able to watch your preview video prior to joining your Zoom Breakout Room so that they are prepared with questions. Please submit your video by May 3 using the form below. You can submit an Mp4 file, private YouTube or Vimeo link, or a Google Drive link.
- Text Summary Option: Please do not feel obligated to make the video component if you prefer not to for any reason. You may also choose to submit a text version. Please submit your text using the form below by May 3.
- If you haven’t already, be sure to register for the conference.
- Poster presenters should use the Zoom Desktop Client on a desktop or laptop computer, not a mobile device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Zoom.
- Share your screen with a copy of your poster.
- Support staff from Boston University will be available in Zoom if you need assistance. You can also email email@example.com if you have technical issues.